Wednesday, May 12, 2004


The Big O
On Oprah she was touting her new home magazine O at Home - I think it's to rival Martha Stewart Living. Course nothing can replace MSL - it has a warm place in my heart. Even if she goes to jail....

Anyway to pimp the new mag she showed the 5 things every kitchen must have. To me, they are only necessary if you are really love to cook. A normal person who hates cooking and does it out of duty doesn't need this stuff. So of course as obsessed as I am, not only do I have most of this stuff, but I already had it on my wishlist! I'm ahead of my time...give me my own damn show.

1. The microplane zester
Got it already. I use this alot actually so I must agree, it comes in handy. If you need fine shavings of cheese, or chocolate, this does the trick better than a grater. I make a Lime Cream Cheese poundcake for almost all occasions (usually my friends birthdays) and this thing is great for lime or lemon zest.

2. a Le Crueset® 16" Oval Serving Platter
It can go from the oven right to the table.
This I don't really care about. It's nice to have, but not necessary. A simple Corningware casserole will do the same and you can get like 5 pieces for the same price as the damn Le Crueset.

3.Santoku Knife
I totally agree this knife rocks. Ever since I bought it I don't even use the ceramic knives I bought from Japan anymore.

4. a set of four Chop & Chop Flexible Colored Cutting Boards
These are great especially since I am contami-phobic. I wipe my counters down with disenfectant every day.

5. Cuisinart Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker
Yes I am buying this - since I don't have an income anymore, I decided to wait til I got my mypoints** gift certificate from Macy's. It's affordable, and quick. Plus I buy sorbet every week at Trader Joes, now I can just make my own.


So of course - as usual, frickin Oprah gave away all that shiet to the audience. Lucky bastards.


**I've been earning free rewards with MyPoints, you earn Points just by reading email, playing games, and shopping through MyPoints at stores like Gap, Old Navy, Target, JC Penney and more. You even get rewarded for referring friends!

You can use your Points for free gift cards for places like Macys, Bloomingdale's, restaurants, and over 75 others. When you sign up, use my User Name (JUSTJENN13) in the box labeled REFERRED BY A FRIEND. (That way I'll get Points for referring you.) Sign up for free, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home