Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Dr. Toof
When I was a kid I was so scared of needles that I would get my cavities filled withOUT novicaine. Now, after childbirth, I realize needles are no big deal. Having to give blood all the time, blech, let's not think about it.

So I'm at the dentist today and tell me if I'm wrong....don't dentist's offices usually play muzak? I mean like Celine Dion and shiieet? So why was I hearing "Dirty" by Christina Aguilera? "Sweat drippin' over my body.." SICK!

Anyway, the receptionist at my dentist is a moron. I think he might be "challenged," but there's no confirmation. I called this morning and I said:

Me: "Hi, may I speak to the doctor?"
Moron: "He doesn't get in til 9am."
Me: "Ok, I need to ask him something before I come in at 10am."
Moron: "Ok, bye."
(click.)

Hello - the idiot didn't even ask me if I wanted to leave a message, or even ask who I was! This is only one incident in many that I will spare you from recounting. Ugh.

Then, THEN - like this story can get any better - I go to the dentist and CLEARLY the assistant is new - because everytime he asks her for a tool - she picks up something and hands it to him, and he says, "that's not it." EVERY....TIME. Nice way to put the patients at ease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home