Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Lychee Sorbet


I gotta say, I never used to be a fan of lychee, however, upon special request - I tried to make Lychee Sorbet, and guess what, it was GREAT!

The cutest thing is, when you pull off the top of the can, there is a little collapsible spoon inside!! Like, hello, who is in that much of a hurry to eat lychee for god's sakes?? Just go get a bowl.

Read this ingredient list and get how easy this it:

4 cans lychee
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice

That's it. Sounds so simple and tastes so great. Just put the lychee in a blender, chop it all up and then add the rest, blend again, and throw into the ice cream maker. The only downside, lychee look like human eyeballs and that makes me want to barf a little....

Still, I gotta say, this is one of the tastiest ices I have ever had. More pictures here...

2 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Jenn, your comment about wanting to barf because lychee are like eyeballs made me laugh out loud! I am a lychee addict though, so thanks so much for the recipe! Is there something we can substitute for the ice cream maker?

thanks again for sharing!
G
http://www.xanga.com/gnomeg

Wednesday, August 25, 2004 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Hmm..substitute - I'd say - after you do all the blending, pour the mixture into a tray. check it every 15-30 minutes, when it starts to harden, take a fork and fluff it up. This will add air into it. It definitely won't be as smooth as an ice cream maker, but it will have the same tasty goodness.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004 11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home