Wednesday, August 18, 2004

She's crafty

Remember how I said I went nuts and sewed a million things the other day? Maybe it was from eating too many cinnamon mentos (they're on sale at Sav-On, sTivo). Well here's all the things I made - you can tell I wanted to get rid of fabric - everything's the same color! I tell ya - two yards of fabric go a long way.

First - the door curtain. I hate people being able to look into my front door from the porch. So I mounted a cheapo $2.99 rod and decided to made some simple curtains.

Then I moved on to making a pillow cover for my body pillow. I bought this huge thing when I was pregnant. They say you aren't supposed to sleep on your back - it can cut off blood to the baby - so they recommend you wedge this thing under one side while you're sleeping. Can you imagine sleeping like this for 9 months? Nightmare. The things you do for your kids. I never had a cover, I don't know why, but now I do.

Finally, a simple tote bag. I got tired of running around looking for clean bibs, after I had already strapped the baby into his high chair. I originally got the instructions from Charla. It is supposed to be a purse, but I stuffed it with bibs and hung it from the high chair. I can always use it as a purse later. Very handy.

I am thinking of expanding to an online store and selling some stuff. We'll see if that ever happens. But if you'd like to do it yourself, you can find the instructions HERE.

5 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Your projects are fab! I love the door panel, such a pretty color combo.

I'd say go for it if you really want to make a go of the online shop. I've been having a lot of fun with mine, and there are so many things I've learned in the process of getting it going.

Good luck! Your shop ought to do really well because your goodies are so great!

G
www.xanga.com/gnomeg

Thursday, August 19, 2004 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Hello. Just found your site through Leslie & Giao. Must say I am enjoying it. Your creations are fab.

Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I love the striped fabric!
I am a stomach sleeper, and not being able to sleep that way DROVE ME nuts! But the pillow deal was the way to go. I also put a pillow between my knees since my spine was kinda getting wacked out!

P.S. my mom went to Marukai 98 cent store yesterday.....Lawd knows what she bought! But you know how that can go!!!! Too many cheap goodies.

Thursday, August 19, 2004 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

I think a store would be an excellent idea! Good luck!

Thursday, August 19, 2004 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin Church said...

I don't wanna sound queer or nothing, but those things kick ASS!

Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home