Tuesday, August 10, 2004

welcome to hicksville

Well turns out they are building a giant 50,000 sq. ft. Walmart down the freeway from us! The only ones I know of are in booneyland east of Los Angeles. Now I'll get to experience the megastore for myself. I'm surprised - all the cities here banned them from building but I guess they got one passed through.

My brother loves megastores cause it enables him to buy cake and pants at the same time - whatever joy that brings him, I don't get it.

Not only that, I just saw that they are laying the groundwork for a giant two story Target right in my neck of the woods! I guess I'll have tons of options now. Ah, but will we be able to buy cake and pants? That's the real question...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Where is the Target going to be?? I'm in West LA, I have 2 Targets relatively close by and both of them are totally GHETTO!

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 1:52:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

being a booniechick who frequents walmart quite often...

you're gonna love it.

i used to live next to one that was open 24 hours.. 24 HOURS!! At one 1am, I could go down a get yarn and a $10 dvd just for the hell of it.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 2:54:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Which Target in West L.A. - if you are talking 'bout the Culver City one - I used to go there on my lunch breaks til they had that hostage situation. Then I was feerget this.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Yeah - the Culver City one... The other one is near La Cienega / Jefferson and it's bigger but I don't know about that area. There's too much traffic to deal with to get to the new West Hollywood store.

HOSTAGE SITUATION??

With all the college students and people with lots of disposable income and time to shop in West LA (entertainment industry people - they can't spend all their time in Bev Hills), you'd think they'd wise up and build one around here thats closer and NOT ghetto.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Yeah hostage situation - last year - or was it two years ago---this guy went in to Target before it opened and held all the morning employees hostage. Then when he released them, the police were worried that he escaped among them, since they were all wearing red shirts (Target uniform) and he might have put one on too. Smart....

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 7:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home