Tuesday, November 09, 2004

lazy days

Dig this, the ultimate cooking mag, COOK'S ILLUSTRATED, has a very cool section called "quick tips". Where people write in and tell various things that they've come up with to help them in their cooking. Nothing spectacular, just things like putting a wet towel under a cutting board so it doesn't move when you chop, or putting rubber bands on the ends of rolling pins to get an even dough. Junk like that.

The thing is, if they pick your tip, you get a year's subscription free! Seeing as how I love this magazine and I am broke, I submitted a few tips. Here's one, don't steal it now, I've already submitted it, so there.

My grandma actually came up with this one, since it was hard for her to bend down and find the jars in the back of her fridge, she put a lazy susan in there and now she can find things super easily - she's an evil genius!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn! That is such a cool idea! Is that the magazine that comes with the 3-hole punches on the sides? I got a few issues and didn't end up subscribing at the time, but it's a cool mag!
-Hiroko :)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

I am SO putting a lazy susan in my fridge now!!

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 5:07:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Hmmm, dunno about the 3 hole punch, but you can learn a heck of alot from it.

Speaking of cooking, remember when G** cooked with fish sauce for the bridal shower years ago? That smelled god awful.

Thursday, November 11, 2004 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home