Wednesday, January 05, 2005

rollin' down the street smokin' endo

Guess what. Today is my Grandma's 84th birthday. Doh. What an old fogie.

We all call her "grandma" but she thinks it'll confuse the baby since she's his GREAT-grandma. "Ba-chan," the word for grandma in Japanese sounds decrepit to me. I hate that name. So...

Gram: I want everyone to call me O.G. from now on.
Me: Daahhah-are you freakin' kidding me? O.G. as in Original Gangsta?
Gram: "No no, O.G. 'Old Grandma.'"
Me: "Forget it. Pimps up hos down, you asked for it."
Gram: "What? O.G. Old Grandma - That what I want to be called."
Me: "Laid back, with your mind on your money and your money on your mind."

Happy birthday, Original Gangsta.

6 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

Awww, that is sweet.

And funny as all get-out. Happy birthday to your granny (pardon, I meant 'O.G.')!!

Also, in Vietnamese, we call our grannies Ba too. Ba Noi for paternal and Ba Ngoai for maternal. Monkey's part Japanese and remembers calling his granny (who was half Japanese) Ba too!

Thursday, January 06, 2005 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Aww Happy Birthday O.G.!!!

Thursday, January 06, 2005 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

High-Larious!!!!!


And thanks SO MUCH for the cute little card -- you are so clever. Love the stamp!

Thursday, January 06, 2005 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger little things said...

Your posts always make me laugh!!

Thursday, January 06, 2005 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Grandma's 10 years older than your Grandma:D. Almost 11. I think OG still has some miles on her. Happy Birthday.
-kat

Thursday, January 06, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big ups to og!

mipmup
mipmup.blogs.com

Friday, January 14, 2005 5:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home