Monday, January 10, 2005

A shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather, a quiver in my lips as if I might cry

Damn this rain. This is Southern California, dammit! And of all places, the hottest place next to the sun - The Valley - had a tornado touch down this morning. What the... is this Oz?

The rain has done so much damage that people are dying, there are mudslides and roads are closed. Speaking of the valley - look at this picture. I thought it was taken by a dung beetle who owned a digital camera, but no, it's actually Topanga!



image courtesy of...

5 Comments:

Blogger Giao said...

I've been worrying about all my socal bloggy friends and a couple of my real-life friends who live there too! This weather is incredible. It's like the whole global weather system has been turned on its ear and it's back for some revenge, or something! It's so scary! Stay safe, take good care!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger :: jozjozjoz :: said...

*stays away from the canyons*

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

That is so scary! I've been wondering about you Cali gals, too. The mudslide pics on the Today Show this morning were just awful!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

It's always either Topanga or Malibu.....always mudslides galore! Geez that boulder is mammoth in size! How scary.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 5:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I can't believe just a few weeks ago I was complaining about how warm and sunny it was! Sure, it's cool the first few days, but after a while watching the L.A. River swell into an actual river fails to remain captivating.

-Mark Kawakami
http://www.markkawakami.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home