Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My heart going BOOM BOOM BOOM


Last night I went to see Erasure in Anaheim. I went with my cousin, and the whole time she was obsessed with being old. "Look at all the OLD people, that means WE are old. You know the last time we saw them was at the Forum in 1990.." Yes. The fact that we owned these records on vinyl and cassette, should have been your first clue. Or that I just called it a "record," whatever.

So. I was very excited to see opening band - Elkland. The audience was cracking up hysterically at the lead singer's awful dancing. Meanwhile, I was falling in love. Dorky guys dancing. Love it. I was very happy to hear "Find Me" live, because I just enjoy that song to no end.

The audience seemed to be divided into sections. The Totally Gay Guys were in front. I was in the second section, which seemed to be only Tall Dorky White Guys. Seeing as how they were all a foot taller than me, I had to move. So I passed the third tier which was Drunk A-holes, and moved on to MY designated section which was Short Asian Chicks. I felt like their Queen, seeing as how I was the tallest one there.

Erasure came on about 9. As always, Andy was spinning, dancing, and singing. You have to be damn confident if you're only wearing a pair of glittering bikini shorts. The backup dancers had a nice pair of fairy wings, which, for some reason, I really wanted for myself, for what, I have no idea.

They played TONS of old songs, I mean, I was shocked by the amount, and also happy to see that the entire audience seemed to know all of them too. Yay for real fans. Highlights for me? "Rapture" (spotlight on Vince), "Solsbury Hill" (Ohh... that was GOOD live.) "Drama!" (yes, that song made me yelly and bouncy), and "Breathe" (I just...really love.)

I stood up the entire time, which I should get mad props for because, hello, I'm pregnant. Even though I'm not even showing, yes, I'm using that as my crutch. I should get even more for dancing and singing every song, too. Props or cash, your choice.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

MAD PROPS.

Lucky you for taking in a great show (Andy in glittering bikini shorts somehow seems right) and being a royal queen, all preggers and everything. Because it's so hard to not know you're pregnant, even when the outside world hasn't a clue! Go you!

Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Awesome! Ain't nothing better than some live music!

Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

You kill me. I was cracking up at the "Queen of the short asian chicks" section. Sad thing is, I know that section as well, my friend.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Too funny, Jenn!

Fairy wings......

now I know what to get you for your birthday.

Friday, May 20, 2005 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

NO. Please, I'm over the fairy wings...

Friday, May 20, 2005 8:32:00 AM  
Anonymous cessnaverdi said...

did they sing "chains of love"? I still like that song after 20 years...reminds me of my 1st year married...we had the album on vinyl!

Friday, May 20, 2005 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home