Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Lips like sugar, sugar kisses

sTivo went to Spain, on what I like to call a "Hey-I'm-single-I-can-do-as-I-damn-well-please" kind of vacation. He emailed me while there, just to tell me he was at Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, and thought of me. Yay for great architecture.

Now he's back and he stopped by tonight to drop off tons of sugary goodies for me. Whoa. Talk about sugar high. Nutella sandwiches, little mini donuts called MINI FILIPINOS - which he thought was goddam hilarious, little hippo candies, some weirdly packaged RACIST candy (not a good shot in the upper right corner), and of course, an abundance of oddly flavored Mentos, (the licorice ones I quickly spit out).

Check out my stash!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

OMG! I'm going to have to track down some of those Mini Filipinos, seeing as I'm a mini Filipino myself! Be sure to let us know if they taste any good!

And I've had those hippo candies before - yummy, if I recall correctly.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

HA.
When I was writing that post I was thinking of putting:

"mini filipinos (hello nanette)."

HAHAH I didn't tho.
But I thought about it!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

It's funny how the "Bimbo" brand products are thee it thing in Spanish speaking countries. That was my bread o' choice when living in México. And that's just how my kids like their sandwiches, sin corteza.

BTW, just partook in a COCO PUFF. I'm in heaven. I think they'll be gone by the time Hank returns from work. *burp*

Thanks again!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

God I love that line!!! Oh Bunnymen! Mmmm my husband would dig the Nutella Sandwhiches.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

it's the thought that counts, jenn. :)

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Whenever my sister goes to Spain (on one of those so called "Hey-I'm-single-I-can-do-as-I-damn-well-please" vacations, she always brings back those Filipinos.. being Filipino myself, I'm too busy enjoying those cookies to be offended cuz they're damn good!

Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home