Saturday, February 11, 2006

Groove is in the heart

Ok. I rarely use people's real names or say important things on here, but I better do it now.

Christine Pechera was one of my 3 roommates in college. We had tons of fun together doing THE STUPIDEST CRAP you can think of. Driving her car while she hung on to the hood would be one. Staying up late while she videotaped me dancing to Dee-Lite for her student film, would be another. (I hope she burned that shit.)

We had the same taste in music. She got me my dj job. She had the night shift, I had the morning shift. She was always incredibly funny and incredibly talented, I thought. She even has her own IMDB page.

Somehow, as it always happens, I lost touch with her. I saw her a little over a year ago and all was well. Now, not so much. She's in trouble. Suddenly every where I turn on the internet, people are talking about her relapse. Wil Wheaton, Rachael Leigh Cook, Franklin Avenue, channel 7 news, myspace. Everyone knows about Christine...and it's fantastic. I hope that through all of this press, she gets what she needs.

I wish I could do more, but all I can do is get the word out.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Jenn --
I saw a posting about Christine somewhere last week or so, and it brought me to tears.

I didn't realize that you had such a personal connection with her -- so it saddens me even more. :( I'm praying that her donor is found soon. Very soon. I have hope.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good luck to your friend. What a sad story. I'm on the National Bone Marrow Donor Registry already, but am not an ethnic match for Christine. I hope she finds a match soon. I'll spread the word.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Even though I'm only half Filipino, I'll see if I am a possible match.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home