Wednesday, February 15, 2006

i'm mr blue, i'm here to stay with you...
when you're lonely - i'll be lonely too

Most people I know have become my friends through a love of similar music. This goes back all the way to grade school.

So today I got an email from my friend about our love for Yaz, and damn him, now that's all I've been listening to ALL DAY. Course I *heart* Mr. Vincent Clarke to no end, so it's all ok.

I have also been tivo-ing TONS of 80's videos. Apparently there are blocks of them on at 4am. Videos I've been privy to:
a very young
Pet Shop Boys - "Suburbia"
Arcadia - "Election Day"
Bananarama - "Venus"

and
Dead or Alive - "Brand New Lover."

Christ, I need to get a job.

**I put "first 5 songs from iPod," in a list on the left, for those who care about such things. "Sugar Walls" - Sheena Easton was number 6. Just missed the cut.
.

12 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

Oh, Yaz. I was a flaggirl in high school and I did the audition to Yaz's "Situation". Heh, heh. Where are they showing those video blocks? I'd love to record some of those too.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger foodiechickie said...

Damn you got good taste in music.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

me, my sister, and my cousin used to pretend we were bananarama and lip sync their songs - haha!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:30:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Yvett and I must have gone tothe same high school.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

LOL! The other years I used "Blue Monday" from New Order (of course), "You Think You Know Her" from Cause & Effect and "All She Wants" from Duran Duran. Good times, good times. I can't believe I still remember.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:45:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Sheena Easton! OH my!

Oh Feh!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Love Yaz and all those videos! I was in drill team in high school and a few of us made up a routine to "Election Day" that we performed in some off-season competition.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Speaking of Sheena Easton, when I was in second grade a couple classmates and I lip-synched and danced to "Strut" for a school talent show. I look back at it now and think WTF were we doing with that song at 6/7 years old!!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Glad to see Skyway beat Sugar Walls.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

When did this blog become all about former drill team girls who dance to 80's music? Minus Will, of course.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:04:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Hey, I'm feeling left out again here! Don't forget you have a couple of hooligan girls that used to make fun of you guys. Except for my flag girlfriend who hit the band director's daughter on purpose. She ended up getting kicked off, but it was because we kept making her miss practice...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Exactly the same here : )

Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home