Friday, May 12, 2006

...I wanna be more than that.



Um. WOW. What exactly should I say about the Office? Well...I knew the Pam/Jim thing was going to have to go in that direction, seeing as how that's how season one of the BBC ended. HOWEVER, totally opposite of the BBC one -- I was not expecting THE END. Not at all. Yikes. I mean really yikes!

Oh the heartache when Jim said, "I'm in love with you." Not just, "I love you," but "I'm in love with you." It makes a difference you know. I'm glad Jim did/said what he did. It was a relief. Especially for the viewers, although now we have to wait til next season. The episode did make me want to eat eight maraschino cherries, though. Eight.

As far as this weekend goes, as well as calling your own mother, you might want to take the time and call someone you know, who just happens to BE a mother. Just let them know that they are appreciated. It's a good feeling. I received a super nice Mother's Day card from a friend. It made me kind of teary that someone cared enough to send it to little ol' me. Aw.
.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rokes said...

I'm glad that happened too...but I kind of wish the kiss was a little more...passionate! Kind of like Ross and Rachael's first kiss!
Can't wait until next season!

Friday, May 12, 2006 5:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I just left Nanners a comment about this, too, but thanks to you and your love of the Office, I'm in love with the show. Much like Jim is in love with Pam. I nearly teared up myself during that scene, it was so bittersweet. I keep playing it over and over in my head.

Anyway, I'm watching the British version on DVD right now, and you're right - it's far superior to the American version as far as the comedy goes. My favorite line: Dutch girls shouldn't be punished for having bigger breasts. Nice.

And Happy Mother's Day to you! You often knock yourself for not being a good mother, but I honestly think you're doing a great job. You really, really care for your boys, and I can see their happiness in your Flickr photos. Rock on!

Friday, May 12, 2006 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Jen,
If you ever find a boy who can swim faster than a shark, you let me know.

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I was totally thinking of you while watching "The Office" last night! Jim is so damn cute.

BTW don't you love Kevin's band name, Scrantonicity. Brilliant.

Happy Mother's Day!

Friday, May 12, 2006 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

I actually gasped and squealed at the "I'm in love you with you" revelation!

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day! (In my husband's infamous words... THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO.)

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

'Thanks for all that you do' is the awesomest sentiment on the face of the earth. I hope you got a gold watch or at least a handshake with that card.

Also, fact:
Scrantonicity was Nanette's wedding band.

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yes, and we served 7 & 7 with 8 marachino cherries, sugar on the rim, blended (when possible).

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I missed it again. Will have to catch reruns. I was in FL riding by the spot the first lady was ali-attacked. Lots of news crews & helicopters.

And I cried on mother's day too. First because my son & his girl gave me a welcome home surprise party and he made me the most coolest painting. And also because my house still looked like a frat house and my lawn is only a teeny better than the abandoned house's lawn across the street. kids...

Monday, May 15, 2006 2:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home