Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears

Last night I got the worst night's sleep of my life.

I woke up screaming at 2am with the worst leg cramp ever. I haven't had one of those...since I was pregnant. Oh god. Please. No. Let someone else be pregnant for a change, please? Thanks.

Also, here's a tip, don't tell your Kid that you will be taking him to Disneyland the next day. Inevitably he will be up all night asking, "Can we go to Disneyland now?" NO dammit, it's f*cking 4am. That's the answer - in case you were wondering.

If you're at Disneyland today, look out for me. I'll be the one limping and later you can find me passed out on the ground next to the line for Dumbo.
.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Woodsy said...

I can't believe I never told you that before... NEVER tell your kid you're going to such an exciting place until you're heading out the door!! It does wonders for your sanity :o)

Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger carolb said...

Oh, oh, oh! Be sure to have a ride at "It's a Small World" for me, okay? Thanks.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

i remember the leg cramps w/ my first pregnancy...one time i screamed CRAMP! and then my husband started massaging my leg and i had to scream again "wrong leg, wrong leg" haha...

Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Our flowergirls' mom learned from our wedding that she can't get them too excited about big events because that's all they'll ever talk about. From the moment we asked them up until our big day, that's ALL she heard about. As a result, the mom kept their trip to Disneyland, scheduled for a couple days after our wedding, a secret until they actually got to Disneyland.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Last year, several weeks before we went to Disneyworld, my kid told his teachers at preschool that he didn't have to listen to them anymore because he was going to Disneyworld.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

You know what a funny joke would be? To drive the kid by a burned down building and say "I guess Disneyland burned down". I bet he'd laugh for days and days.

At least that's what Jack Handy said.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

YES GODDAMIT, I KNOW.

I failed to mention that I WAS NOT THE ONE who told the Kid we were going to Disneyland. I believe the phrase was, "Guess where Mommy's going to take you tomorrow?" And my reaction was, "Eh?"

So yeah, thanks for the advice, but I do know you should not hype your kid up the day before. Tell that to the one who fathered these kids. Thanks.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home