Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We're going streaking!

Wow! It's only August 1st and the birthday gifts are already pouring in. Whohoo! Where did the time go, though. Soon the baby will be ONE YEAR old. Man. It seems like I just had that little bugger.

Speaking of gifts, it always amazes me when people say, "I never win anything." Really? I always win. In fact, when I don't win, I think, "WTF? Why didn't I win?" That's how often I win.

Here's a list of things that I have won:

  • A coffee maker
  • A pair of jeans - prize in an essay contest - 'write about your jeans'
  • lots and lots of money in Vegas
  • tickets to see OMD in concert
  • a free week's stay in at the Venetian, meals included. (Um, this has to do with my gambling as well. Comps, baby. Comps.)
  • A portable dvd player - prize in a photo contest
  • more money in Vegas
  • Trophy - prize in a golf course putting tournament.
  • Also a variety of crap things from drawings, raffles, etc.

Anyway, the winners of the contest will get their prize sometime this week. Hopefully it's the beginning of their very own winning streak.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

My husband and I won a trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago.

And I didn't cheat, I swear!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I found some lottery scratch-off tickets once and won $50. And some money on the Pyramid. And some tickets to a Stone Temple Pilots show. Other than that, I don't have much of a lucky streak.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

Well. I actually just won a wooden wall thingy in the shape of a sun at ComicCon. But only because I entered my husband too and HIS name was drawn. But really, it's mine. I would love for this to be the beginning of a winning streak, but as I told Daniel yesterday: "I feel like the lottery is avoiding me."

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Let's go to Vegas!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home