Monday, October 09, 2006

If everybody had an ocean, across the U.S.A.,
Then everybody’d be surfin’ like Californ-I-A

So my cable provider and I are in a heated battle. So far they are winning. By shutting down my service every night for 5 – 15 mins at a time, every hour or so, they think they can break me. Well, they can’t break me but they can get me pretty f*cking ticked off.

So I called them last night. For what? To bitch. What else do I have to do, MY CABLE IS DOWN. After being on hold for a solid 30 minutes (they can’t break me) I tell the guy that, well, they suck.

Cable guy: “Let me repeat back to you what you said so I can write your problem down, you said, that our service was….’unreliable’…?
Jenn: “No, I said it was crappy. SHITTY in fact.”
Cable guy: “Ah. I see.”

In the end I demanded money back for the time lost, just cause I needed some sort of retribution. Yeah! Stick 'em where it hurts, give me back my $1.99, suckers! He said he’d give me a whole week's credit. I told him I didn’t care, the money wasn’t the point, I was just pissed at being on hold for 30 minutes.

He was a good enough customer service guy, it wasn’t his fault. He took my complaints with a grain of salt and told me it was going to be a-ok. If only he'd rubbed by head and gave me a lollipop, I’d feel a hell of a lot better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous (not)kat said...

I LOVE good customer service. It's so rare to even get to talk to real people these days. Bonus if they're actually in America. But it somehow soothes the most savage me.

Monday, October 09, 2006 5:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

[insert funny quote from Angela about growing a pair]

Rock on, Jenn! ROCK ON!

Monday, October 09, 2006 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Keely said...

Ha! I mean, I'm sorry you had to deal with crappy cable...but your conversation with the Customer Service guy cracked me up. Care to call Sparkletts for me, they've been giving me trouble. :) Yeah, I didn't think so.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home