Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm like a walking candy apple

We spent Halloween at a friend's house. She lives in the same neighborhood as the home that was used in the movie Father of the Bride. If you know that movie, you know that the neighborhood is gorgeous. There Halloween isn't just a holiday, it's an event. We gave out glow stick bracelets, and over 350 kids came to the door! Damn.

It was the Kid's first real Halloween, where he really understood what was going on. I don't know why people hate Halloween, it's a lot of fun when you look at it through a kid's eyes. The decor, the candy, it's really fun. I still didn't carve my pumpkins. *sigh* I have too much crap going on. I think I will carve them for the pirate party, though.


Oh yes, the caramel apples. I love things MINI. I love things GIANT. Thing in between, eh. Since everyone was bringing cookies and cakes to the Kid's school potluck, I thought I'd try something different and make caramel apples, but...MINI ONES. Awesome. I looked around for lady apples, which are super tiny, but there weren't many around this season, so I had to settle for 'small' instead of 'mini.' Still, they came out pretty cute. Directions, HERE.
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Hilary said...

So cute, and yum!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Love em!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

I've never seen caramel apples with sprinkles before. What the hell? They should ALWAYS have sprinkles!

Also, just last night I randomly declared I wanted a caramel apple, so thanks for coming through for me on this one. I shall now proceed to lick the screen.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Those are cute. Too sticky for my teeth though. Not a big fan of sticky. Or caramel. But again...very cute!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Yum! love the sprinkles!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home