Saturday, October 28, 2006

My home is where the heart is
Sweet to surrender to you only

Believe it or not, the pirate party just the tip of the iceberg on my 'to do' list. I have so much stuff going on, it's kind of insane. Some things aren't even my own projects. Like this.

My mom and I make gingerbread houses for Christmas gifts every year. Three years ago we made a haunted gingerbread mansion. This year she wanted to try it again, but I kicked it up a whole lot. Here's the 2006 version. This thing weighs a ton and is about 14 inches tall by 10 inches wide. It only took a few hours to decorate, actually. It's just like building a 'real' house. It was fun, but I like Christmas a whole lot more. It's not so spooktacular.

More info and pics, HERE.

5 Comments:

Anonymous kristen said...

This rocks hard.

And you make me feel like the worst Mom ever. All I've managed to do is hang black and orange streamers from the ceiling.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:28:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Wow! Do you have a giant glass of milk to dip it in? Mmm....

Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger mipmup said...

looks great! (and i love your mise en place. very impressive.)

Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:02:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Incredible!

Monday, October 30, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

holy crap! thats awesome...

Monday, October 30, 2006 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home