Saturday, October 21, 2006

S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G. We're shopping.

I am such a perfectionist I hate myself sometimes. I am trying to organize this party ahead of time to avoid headaches. I put all the centerpieces, favors, etc for the tables into bags so I can just unload as soon as I get there. At this point I realized, holy crap. I go to Trader Joe's a lot.


It is our main place for food shopping. However today, I am in the middle of a BAKING EXTRAVAGANZA. Of which I'm sure I will take pictures and show you soon. Therefore, I can't make my weekly run to TJ's to make sure my kids are well fed. So, the responsibility lies with...the Husband. *cue scary music* My husband has not been to the market in years. Therefore, I...uh..draw maps. Of the market. Yes, I am lame, but hey, I'm also a designer. I can't help myself. At least this way I get exactly what I want.

*click for big-ness*

9 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

OMG! that's too funny - my husband is the grocery shopper (at COSTCO) - he only has problems if he has to buy my "feminine" products at safeway - haha!

Saturday, October 21, 2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hilarious! Reminds me of the time my stepdad went shopping, only to come back and tell my Mom that he got everything on the list, but vinegar. He'd gone to a big, major supermarket, but according to him, they didn't see vinegar. And I'm talking regular white vinegar! He still does all of the grocery shopping all these years later, but has gotten better at it.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I usually don't let Hank do the grocery shopping (especially with the kids) because then our bill is double the normal amount!

***
And I know you're a baking purist and all, but have you tried Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea Baking Mix?! Not bad. . .

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I think you may know that I am all sad and shit about the lack of Trader Joe's here in Western NY, but that picture of the bagged romaine lettuce you drew for you husband has made me forget all about my melancholy - because I am still laughing!

Sunday, October 22, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Which bag number does your straight jacket go in, crazy lady? :)

Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

Hahahaa, sometimes, it's the only way to insure the right things are purchased!!!! Good thing, he can read maps!

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Maps! Maybe THAT'S what I should do for The Husband. Instead I get 5 or 6 or 10 phone calls from the store...

Monday, October 23, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

way too funny! i make my husband look me in the eyes when i ask him to do something for me so i'll have his full attention.

Monday, October 23, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

haha.. that made my day. Perhaps you could market these as forms for the rest of us who also suffer from husband-can't-shop-itis. OOOH YES! A new product for the online store and I'll be the first one to buy it!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home