Thursday, October 12, 2006

Suffragette City

CONTEST!?!? ...
__________________

Ha. You guys are hilarious. When I asked for favorite recipes, I didn't mean MY recipes. I am flattered though. Nice words are good to hear especially since the dickish-ness of people is still going on in my life.

So I go to the post office today, and for some reason, at this particular P.O., everyone sends out at least 80 packages each, and they are all half-ass wrapped in tore up boxes. So I FINALLY get to the front of the line and this P.O. work comes out and says, "Who wants to pay with credit card?" Dumb me says happily, "I do!" Then she takes me over to the "machine"...

Jenn: "Oh. I don't want to use this. It breaks everytime I get to the end. I'd rather not, thanks."
P.O.: "Well it's not broken now."
Jenn: "I know, but I waited in line cause I wanted a real person to handle my packages..."
P.O.: "I'm not forcing you to do this."
Jenn: "Well, I just lost my place in line, and now I kinda have to use it."
P.O.: "Well I don't need to hear any crying. Just get back in the front of the line."

Ok, tell me, what do I do that warrants people to feel the need to be so mean to me all the time? I swear I wasn't angry or cry-y, I was just saying...*sigh* I dunno. I give up. Really. I think the world has decided that they need to sh*t on someone and they all unanimously voted that it be me.

Anyway, you who receive packages from me this week, know that I suffered greatly for your gain.
.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Marci said...

That was horrible! And very uncalled for! I used to work for the post office and I hate when they do that!

He/she should have definitely put you back in front of the line without making a comment like that. He pulled you out, it broke, you go back where you were or in the front!

Complain girl! I know in some instances, it seems like it doesn't help much, but sometimes it really does! Believe me!

Sorry they were rude to you and I hope you have a better day! And silly me, I did tell you about YOUR recipe! LOL! :P

Thursday, October 12, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Keely said...

Oh, my. You are having bad luck with customer service lately. You're better than me though...at this point I might have started crying or possibly yelling. I can be so unpredictable. :)

Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

bummers. my bottom lip would have trembled and I probably would have used the machine because I'm that wimpy. then I would have gotten mad as i leave in car and swear at the P.O. - that'll show them... oooh, my fist up and everything.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I feel your pain. It seems like other drivers are being really shitty lately. I was actually in a fairly good mood this morning (rare prior to Noon), but my drive to work killed that. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Thank you as I got a package and I love it. OG autograph and I'm not even showing my son that one button.

I don't know what you're talking about recipes so I'll have to catch up before the Office comes on and I'm barred again.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn, everyday I look forward to reading your blog because I know I'll be laughing my ass off!! Todays post was no exception. We all experience crappy service, but no one expresses the absurdity of it all better than you. Maybe you're a magnet for this type of treatment because you pull so much humor from it and hey, who can't use more laughter in their day!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home