Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking when I said, I'd like to bash every tooth in your head

Hello Kitty. So kawaii. So cute, that...it draws you in. Even though I worked for HK for years, I can't stay away. When we were in Hawaii CoolBeans needed to get some gifts for the flower girls. Off to Sanrio at Ala Moana. I tagged along, and was pleasantly surprised. I wanted every goddam thing in that store. For what purpose I have no idea. I should have had baby girls so I could buy this sh*t.

I spotted something out of the corner of my eye, it was a metal lunchbox (something I love) with 4 little HELLO KITTY HEADED PEZ DISPENSERS. I don't really like the taste of Pez, but holy crap. I walked by it twice. I wanted it so badly, but for what, FOR WHAT? Plus the goddam thing was $20 something dollars, ridiculous.

So we left. And I coveted.

Cut to the night before the wedding when I had to make a stop at Longs to buy bandaids for my mosquito bites. Let me make a segue here and tell you that mosquitos love my body. I don't get it. No one else in a ten mile radious will get bit but me and I will swell up and it will hurt like nobody's biznass. I must taste sweet. I think it's all the pie I eat.

So we are walking down the aisles and there it is...the same exact case with the Pez dispensers! At this point CB states that she thinks 'they are cute and can live off of PEZ for the rest of her life'. Or something. I have no idea what she said, I was just eyeing the prize. At Longs the whole thing was a mere $11.99 and CB said, "Let's split it." I jumped at the chance, she could have all the Pez for all I cared, I just wanted the dispensers.

So we split them. Fairly. She got most of the Pez (save for a few packs for the Kid), we each took two dispensers, and I got the case. And as I finish this post I just realized I never paid her the $6 I owe her for the split. HA.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rokes said...

I am always mosquito target too! Remind me to give you these mosquito patches I got in Japan... they are supposed to repel them or something.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

I am a mosquito treat too, and I know why: all the Pez.

We were in a HK store last weekend and Simon seriously considered getting the pink kitty-head guitar. Oy.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Reynold said...

Thank you for your article, really helpful material.
Chil-Beer Brisket Of Beef Over Wild Rice Amadine

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home