Sunday, October 08, 2006

To celebrate the fact, that we've seen the back,
of another black....day.

Getting paid means I can spend money. I went to Anthropologie the other day, and let me just say I LOVE that store. As freakin' expensive as it is, I adore it. The decor, the kitchenware, the clothes, the "design" of the entire store. So once in a while, I luck out and actually do more than window shop, when I find something in my price range, way back in the sales area.

I found an amazing shirt, and what is even more amazing is that I fit into a size SMALLER than my normal size. I was overjoyed. But as is the designer's dilemma, I couldn't decide on the color. The cream was pretty, but light colors make me look huge. Black is slimming, right? This is why my entire wardrobe is goth-esque. So I am standing in front of the mirror, contemplating. My MIL and the sleeping baby to one side, watching me...

The young cute salesgirl comes over and I tell her my ‘light colors = huge’ dilemma. She looks at the stroller and then looks at me and says, "Well…did you just give birth?" I laughed so hard it almost echoed up in there. I said, laughing, "NO. I did NOT just give birth, this is as skinny as it gets." Ha! Granted she was a size 0, probably no more than 18 years old, so what does she know about birthing babies and being fat?

Still. I was like, GOOD LORD. Here I was feeling good about being able to fit into a smaller size and there go my hopes and dreams.

I bought the black.
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous notkat (ok, it's kat) said...

Yeah, it's all pretty much downhill from there. But they really don't know anything; you look fabulous.

I'm really glad you banned that Kat from your blog. Dumb hick chick.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I'm already on the big boned side of things and so I'm going to be scared to look in the mirror when we reach 9 mos. Yeesh. Pregnancy plus my newly found aversion to all things vegetable is not a good combo ... ah well ...

Monday, October 09, 2006 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

There is a Liz Claiborne outlet. I know you like that store. Go inside and shop until I can meet you.

Monday, October 09, 2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

There is a Liz Claiborne outlet. I know you like that store. Go inside and shop until I can meet you.

Monday, October 09, 2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I heart that store, seriously. Its such a shocker there's none here in Hawaii.

And really as far as I'm concerned black is the always the new black no matter what. If its thigh slimming I'm all over it.

Monday, October 09, 2006 2:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home