Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Wanna get dirty?

Today is the Halloween carnival at the kid's school. There is a potluck afterwards, where I signed up for 'desserts'. Little did I realize, two kids, means two dishes. DAMMIT. I realized this last night around 8pm. So I improvised quick with whatever I could find in my house. YES, we always have gummi worms in the house. Don't ask. It has to do with potty training is all you need to know. So, since everyone is bringing the same ol' cookies and cakes, I decided to make something fun and different.

Here is a creepy dirt cake. You can make a cute version with flowers and junk, but hey, it's Halloween, and looking at this cake makes me kind of sick, frankly. I also made some AWESOMEly cute mini caramel apples. But I'll post those tomorrow so you don't go into sugar shock.

How to 'dirt cake'...HERE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvett said...

Very cool and kid friendly. Happy Halloween!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Love it!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You may just get that Mom-Of-The-Year award yet. It'd be well-deserved!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home