My MIL leaves in two weeks. She has been a major help in allowing me to get things done the past few months. Now I will have to do everything I do already, take care of the kids and I have also started looking for a 'real' job. I miss her already. So there is a chance that in two weeks...you may never hear from me...again.
Still, with her babysitting the kids, it doesn't mean I am not busy. I've got a lot of shit going on here, people. Yet my husband STILL comes home and says, "Why are you tired, you don't do anything all day anyway." Yes. He says that. Yes. I have not punched him in the face or walked out the door. Yet.
So I thought I'd write down some of the things I do in an average day.
Maybe he's right. Maybe I don't do anything all day.
1. Wake up at 6:30am.
2. Make the baby oatmeal. Make the Kid and MIL breakfast
3. Watch Dumbo with the Kid, only Casey Jr part. The boy loves him some trains.
4. Take out the trash.
6. Check on the kids, watch Casey Jr., again.
7. Yell at O.G.
8. Design some stuff.
9. Do an internet search for jobs
10. Make phone calls.
11. Make lunch
- for the Kid and the MIL. Eat some peanuts.
12. 1pm - Kid goes down for 2 hour nap.
13. More design work.
14. Email resumes
15. Get orders ready for the post office.
16. Kids are up, watch Casey Jr., again.
17. Do two loads of laundry.
18. Make more phone calls.
19. Go to Trader Joes.
20. Go to post office.
21. Go to dry cleaners.
22. More design work.
23. Make dinner
24. Eat. Wash the dishes.
25. Give the baby a bath - (MIL bathes the Kid)
26. Watch Casey Jr., again. **
27. 8pm - read the kid two books, sing him two songs (guess which one**), kiss him goodnight.
28. Get the baby's bottle ready, then he goes to bed.
29. More design work until I get yawny.
30. Husband comes home, questions me about not doing anything all day.
32. Wake up and start again.
Well, I know there are people who do far more than I do in a day. I'm just saying I don't enjoy being told that I don't do crap all day. I'm doing my best. That's all I can do.
**Honestly, Casey Jr. is only 2 minutes long. And he doesn't even watch it, he just turns it on and sings along while he plays with his toys. He's not watching too much tv, I swear. Although I may go to the looney bin for singing that song in my sleep.