Monday, February 12, 2007

Ooh asian boy. What are you on?

This is what happens when I am bored and you catch me at a good time. My friend's son is turning one, and she asked me to design some invitations for her. I no longer do custom invitations unless asked as a favor, and since I didn't have *that* much on my plate as of late, I decided to make a go of it. (Mind you, this was before my brother approached me to make 200 placecards and 200 programs for the wedding. Yikes.) Anyway, I drew up this little boy in a samurai outfit (the Kid) and then drew a carp on a stick, to add some color. I think it came out well.

So you know how first birthdays are in Hawaii: BIG ASS PARTY. Hotel. 200 people. You get the idea. Her theme is 'Boys day'. In Japan Boys Day celebrates...well, being a boy. And families fly carp, to represent the number of boys in the family.

I think I am going to use this image again for some kind of stationery or...something. I haven't figured it out yet. I also plan to draw more of the Kid in all kinds of outfits, but who knows when that will happen. I'm tired now. Exhausted. I kind of just want to stab myself in the eye with a No.2 pencil, but instead I will just kick it on my stoop and drink a 40 oz. (Not really.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Very cute!

Monday, February 12, 2007 4:28:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

It came out great! I like the boys day theme. Now why didn't I think of that?

Monday, February 12, 2007 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Too cool, Jenn!

Monday, February 12, 2007 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

ya, you're so freakin talented, I just want to smack you.....seriously!!

Monday, February 12, 2007 3:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home