Monday, June 04, 2007

Coffee, coffee, buzz, buzz, buzz.

I love mochi, of course, and I LOVE coffee. So I made up a recipe that combined the two AND was simple to make. Mochi is a Japanese sweet rice cake, not sugary, not fattening, just perfect. I will take it any way I can get it, but coffee flavored - I think I've found heaven. Some recipes are difficult, but it doesn't have to be. This version is baked and tastes just as good as the old fashioned steaming method.
I even served it at the shower, wondering how people who were not familiar with mochi - would take to it. It was popular! Even the Baby loves it. And with all that coffee in it, well, I think I've got a little addict on my hands. Recipe, here.

3 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

mmmmm...i'm going to have to try soon...
have you ever tried those microwave type mochi recipes? i'm wondering if they come out good.

Monday, June 04, 2007 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sounds yummy! I still love the peanut butter filled mochi a friend of mine makes and sometimes brings to me!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 11:36:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I want to try.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home