Saturday, August 11, 2007

Beverly Hills...rolling like a celebrity

Scenes from Beverly Hills today:

1. Since I was already out that way, I thought I'd stop by Sprinkles Cupcakes, but the line was at least FIFTY people deep. I'd say approx. a 2 hour wait. Hey, I like cupcakes. Hell, I'll even pay $3.25 for one. But I WILL NOT stand in a line that long for nothin'. Not even Nemo.

2. I missed my turn and turned up Rodeo, which I generally try to avoid. People just drive and walk on that street for no reason. However, if you are here on vacation, I can see why. I saw no less than 2 Rolls Royces and one Lamborghini, just on that one little street.

3. The ACLU was out in full force, soliciting signatures. Hey guys, I feel your pain, but I think you're targeting the wrong crowd. Maybe.

4. The traffic was killing me so I took a shortcut. Big mistake. I ended up driving by a row of about 20 paparazzi. The Kid yelled, "Hey, a parade!"

5. Driving home by Century City, I saw that Pink Taco opened. A name which both frightens and amuses me. I hate to say it, but the menu sounds good. Here's what Tina Fey has to say. And the Daily Show.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

Re #3 -- Never underestimate the power of liberal white guilt.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Wow..the Pink Taco.. now there's a store that rather scares me! The web site is wild!!

Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:58:00 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

The design of that Pink Taco website was really annoying! You have to wait for it to load and then once you get to the homepage you have to wait for something to load again! That's a major faux pas according to my interactive design teacher back in college! lol

Sunday, August 12, 2007 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I've been to the PT in Vegas, no good.

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:51:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

And according to stupid celeb gossip, one of those people was probably Courtney Love, who I know now thinks Sprinkles is overrated. I need more of a life...

Monday, August 13, 2007 2:43:00 PM  
Anonymous ally said...

The Pink Taco in Vegas was good. The food and the margaritas were yummy. I don't think I'd go to the one out here, though. It just seems like it wouldn't be the same... eh.

Go to the cupcake guy in the Santa Monica Place mall. The carrot cake cupcakes are wonderful!!!

Monday, August 13, 2007 3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home