Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

And the vacation continues. You all should hope that I quit my job because apparently that is the only way I have fun things to write about up in here. I took a few days off and made the most of this city that I love. I ate at some places I've been wanting to try for a while. First up, Breadbar. Good lord if the name alone doesn't make you salivate. Me - I can live and die on crusty bread and pastries. I don't need much else. Screw oxygen, give me a croissant.

I had a nice eggs & potatoes breakfast (my fave) and a coffee eclair. I also had a taste of a lovely sugar brioche and an olive roll. The pastries and bread are deadly good. If it was closer, I fear I'd stop here everyday.

For lunch I went to the new and much hyped Mario Batali/Nancy Silverton joint, Pizzeria Mozza. To get a reservation here is difficult to say the least. Only the bigwigs eat here, cause we saw Sherry Lansing leaving as we were sitting down. The Osteria next door is even harder to get into, but once I tasted the food here? Wow. I would love to go next door.

This was seriously the best Italian pizza I have ever eaten. Note: Italian. I am not a fan of pizza, meaning American cheesy cheesy with junk on top. I prefer the straight up to the point toppings very little cheese route. This was...AMAZING. Squash blossoms, burrata, the flavors were near perfect. There are a pair of orange clogs waiting in the wings in case Mario decides to show up, but given his hatred of this city, I doubt that will happen for a while.

I'm sure I have gained several pounds in this process of eating my way through the city, yet...I bought a bathing suit. Odd. I'm an enigma. You never know what I'm going to do next.

Click here for Mozza food pics.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

homer simpson noise...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good for you! You deserve it. I'm living vicariously through you from my sickbed.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 9:42:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

"Screw oxygen, give me a croissant." THAT's why I read your blog so religiously!

Thursday, August 09, 2007 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

How could a Pizzeria named after Morrissey be anything other than the best?!

Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I want to know more about the coffee eclair!

Thursday, August 09, 2007 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

YUM!

Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm convinved. I NEED to go to the Breadbar. My life won't be complete without it.

(Typing as I'm looking scornfully at my loaf of Hawaiian bread.)

Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home