Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Flipping out

Donate a book to Paul Frank, get 20% off. There goes my paycheck.



I dream about crazy sh*t. Like flipping pancakes. I swear it was as if I was flipping pancakes for 5 hours. Even in my dream I was saying, "WHEN CAN I STOP FLIPPING THESE PANCAKES??" I was about to go insane.

So of course, I decided to make pancakes for dinner. Hey, I took it as a sign, ok? Not just any pancakes, I took my basic pancake recipe and added stuff. Like into the batter, stuff. I made chocolate mini chip pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and sausage pancakes. Pancakes are way more fun to eat that way.

If you ever wondered why your pancakes look like this, with a dark circle around the edges and discolored in the middle - it's because your heat is too high. The first ones always come out like this. No, what you want is a perfectly golden disk. So pretty.

Want to know the other secrets to my pancakes? Then go here for the recipe. If you dare. You may end up dreaming about pancakes ALL NIGHT too, sucka.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

ah! i never knew that! i guess my mom always made the bad pancakes =)

i made cupcakes for breakfast once..only because i was craving...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Wakeful D said...

I have a sudden, delirious craving for blueberry pancakes. Rrrrrr....

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I don't love kids, but I do love discounts and Paul Frank. w00t.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

since we've always loved every recipe we've ever tried of yours, I will try it. But I always use the Mamma Dip's Kitchen recipe.

I like to make chocolate/chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate/peanut butter pancakes. With the choice of plain, syrup n butter, chocolate syrup and or kool whip. maraschino cherries optional.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home