Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time to make the donuts

Thanks for all the ideas! Lisette read my mind actually, cause yes, I am making jello aquariums and pirate cupcakes. So there you go. We'll see what else I can put together.

The Kid is pretty emo. He gets it from his stupid mother who also cries at most everything. (That'd be me.) He cries when I drop him off at school EVERY DAMN DAY, like I'm never going to pick him up. Meanwhile the Baby is all 'see ya wouldn't wanna be ya.'

Sometimes it takes forever for me to get to work, I don't coddle him, but I do sit for a bit til he is sorta ok with the idea of me leaving. Today he wasn't having it and I cut a deal. I don't normally do that but I had to get to work, so I promised him that if he didn't cry, when he got home he could make...donuts. Oh to see his little face light up. I stood by the door and said goodbye and he just stared. His lip quivered but he DID NOT CRY. Ohhh how he wanted to, I saw it! But he didn't. That boy wanted him some donuts.

My dream came true and my friend bought me that Williams Sonoma donut maker for Christmas. It kinda works like a waffle maker and it is even more awesomer that you could ever imagine awesome being. They are just 1.5 inches round, and when you glaze them and put sprinkles - TO DIE FOR CUTE. Even better, the fact that they are baked, so there is no disgusting frying involved. They taste just the same though!
I made up a batch of vanilla glaze and chocolate glaze, and put out 4 of their favorite sprinkle toppings (we have 8 bottles of sprinkles up in here. Yikes.), and I let the kids go at it.

They had tons of fun, and man, were those mini donuts tasty. I HAVE to incorporate these into the pirate party somehow. And even better? There was no crying. THESE ARE MAGIC DONUTS, DAMMIT.

Er. We'll see what happens at school tomorrow. Yikes.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Carol Browne said...

That is really cool! Just when you think William Sonoma can't get any better...the sell a baked donut machine. They've just opened up a store in Vancouver and I'll be visiting it in the near future.

Also, I can't wait to see your birthday jello aquariums. COOL!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Awe------some!

I'm going to come over once a week for the next year so Baby, Kid and I can make mini donuts!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

I've had a donut pan wishlisted for quite awhile and the other day as I was thinking about my kid's party (he's turning 4) I pondered, "How can I incorporate donuts into his party so that I'll HAVE to buy the pan... "

Oh, and I have about 25 bottles of sprinkles, so no worries. We're BFFs with sugar.

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm going to start fasting now.(I will take a break on Monday night).

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Very cute! How about Pirate doughnut ships? I'm off to Target today. I hope I find something good!

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:56:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

Everyone knows that when pirates have had a little bit too much rum, they are liable to fall overboard. So why not crack out the orange and white sprinkles and make donut life rings? Mmm, yummy and practical. No crying Baby and no drowned pirates.

Friday, January 11, 2008 5:37:00 AM  
Blogger marzi said...

this might be a little challenging, but if you found little pirate swords, it would be so cute to have the donuts on them like a little skewer! i bet the kids would love to eat them like that!

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

damn you and your amazing donuts. Now I must have one of those machines. And my husband will kill me because "our kitchen's already full of useless junk!"

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:50:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

A donut machine is not useless. It's a NECESSITY. I am totally convinced of that now. DONUTS FOR EVERYONE!!

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Can I come make donuts after work today if I don't cry?? Although chances of me not crying is doubtful :(

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I like magic mini donuts that prevent crying.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

Yum. Going to go eat a stupid bowl of Cheerios now and wish I had me a mini donut machine.

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Cyn said...

The Williams and Sonoma site is saying the mini donut machine is no longer available!

Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Annnalise said...

I work at WS, and unfortunately the item was seasonal and I also am regretting that I did not get one as well. It looks like they won't be coming back either.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is the most awesomest thing ever. But they don't have anymore. Bummer..fun thing to do with the kids though.
Lisa

Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home