Friday, February 08, 2008

Abra-abra-cadabra, I want to reach out and grab ya

I go to the movies once, maybe twice a year. I never get the time and I never use a babysitter, but really, movies are just crap. So I wait for dvd or cable. And I mean WAIT. Like years. I finally watched The Prestige, which I remember seeing the trailer for, oh so long ago. Hang on, let me check when this came out...

Wait, what - 2006!?! Do you see what I mean?? I'm so out of it. Anyway, the movie confused the f*ck out of me, there was so much now vs. past vs. future, goddam, it's like I need a Wayne's World fade out to tell me when they are reminiscing or what.

More than that, I can't remember anyone's names for god's sakes. So the whole time I'm saying, "Wait, why is Wolverine here and Batman over there?" I only call people by the characters that I choose to saddle them with, which is why Brendan Fraser will forever be called Encino Man, by me.

I forgot that David Bowie was in this and I screamed with delight when he turned around. Awesome. It was like Labyrinth 2 Electric Boogaloo.** I love Bowie and I like this video because I would totally run like that if I saw Trent Renzor behind me too.



Oh and by the way, the movie made sense in the end, and it wasn't bad. Did you catch that from my stream of consciousness? It's a wonder I am not a professional movie reviewer.

**Note: I wrote this post and saved the draft BEFORE my very serious discussion with Will.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I really liked The Prestige. Great cast too. I liked the scene with Wolverine topless! Totally ruined the magic show I went to recently though. The one illusion so obviously used twins! (Not that I wasn't aware of that *trick* before).

Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

I have no idea why you don't have a book deal yet. You are hilarious! I'm working my way through your archives. Thanks for the laughs!

Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:17:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

There was another magic movie that came out about that time too....The Illusionist, I saw them both about the same time, and I still can't keep them straight. You should watch that one too, you'll really be confused.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home