Monday, April 07, 2008

Because you’re so sweet, you lift up my heart
and I’ll fall back again

Someone asked me what I did this weekend. "I baked stuff," I replied. Then I realized...that was a bit of an understatement. Here's a list of what I made this weekend:

Peach muffins

Craisin muffins (the Kid helped with these)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise cookies
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

Yeah, that's...a lot. All were made for other people (except the muffins), so it's not like I just sat on my couch and ate everything all at once, although that'd be hilarious. Where do I begin? Let's start...in the middle.

I had a few birthdays this week, and I always like to bake - it's a more personal gift and (here's to hoping) people like that you took the time. I had this Peanut Butter and Co cookbook for some time. It's a shop in New York that specializes in peanut butter and sells, well, peanut butter sandwiches. Too cute. You'd think that a specialty cookbook would have good recipes. While I hate to follow recipes, I followed their Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie one word for word, and they did not turn out good at all. They were edible, just not to my satisfaction and certainly not pretty enough for gifts.So I went to my tried and true recipe, my fall back that has never let me down. Martha Stewart's Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise cookies. These are a bit of work, but worth it. They are pretty sweet too, so a tall glass of milk is definitely in order to handle these babies. They come out a gorgeous dark brown and hold up well - which is always helpful since I mail a lot of baked goods.Thanks Martha. While you let me down with cupcake week, you've always been there for me with the cookies. Rock on, sister.

Go here for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies, recipe.
The rest of the recipes to come. If you care.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I feel like Supes is gonna take those words and pulverize them. Oh yeh and the cookies look pretty amazing too.

Monday, April 07, 2008 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Those are like my kryptonite!

Monday, April 07, 2008 7:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you sell your baked goodies?? They always look so delicious!!

GG

Monday, April 07, 2008 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

chocolate. peanut butter. must try.

Monday, April 07, 2008 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger The Ex said...

Oh hai - I want to see this pineapple upside down cupcake!

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Seriously, I'd be diabetic if I lived in your house. Baked goodness = my downfall.

(Still sugar free!)

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Those pineapple cupcakes sound especially amazing!!!

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Those cookies look and sound amazing. But, if I have to have milk with them...forget it!

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am also intrigued by the pineapple upside down ones. Puzzeled by how cupcakes can be upside down?

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Augustine said...

Quite helpful piece of writing, thank you for this article.
at this shop

Saturday, December 24, 2011 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home