Monday, April 14, 2008

Gareth: "I once told him I don't like jelly. I don't trust the way it moves."

O.G. has decided that I need to "make her more VAYGUN (vegan) food." With a side of steak, I'm sure. I told her, "I keep telling you, there is no meat or dairy in that cooking, get it?" To where she always replies: "WHHHAAA???"

O.G.'s got her four basic food groups: Beef. Dairy. Butter. More Beef. So I got the I'm-too-cool-and popular-for you- cookbook Veganomicon, in hopes that I could find something for her. It's like she's challenging me NOT to use her favorite ingredients, it's like reverse Iron Chef. "Iron Chef: I'm in Hell." Needless to say, there will be no tofu meatloaf or junk like that, I'm never going to pull anything over on her with that.

There is waaayyy too much spelt and tempeh and crap, in the book, if you ask me. So of course, I headed to the easy part, baking. There is a terrific recipe for 'Jelly Donut Cupcakes' in there. Think of a cake donut with a bit of jelly inside. Not bad. Still, I think in the future I'm going to make my own non-vegan version, I'm almost sure I can make these even better.
The beauty of these things is that the jelly sinks right into the cupcake. No hard work necessary. They were quite tasty, simple and BEAUTIFUL. A nice recipe to have in case you don't have eggs or butter on hand, anyway. So I make these for her, then she goes and tells me, "I don't like jelly filled things. Try something else." Nice.

Go here for the Vegan Jelly Donut Cupcakes, recipe.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous John said...

"O.G.'s got her four basic food groups: Beef. Dairy. Butter. More Beef." - Classic!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:39:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm with O.G. on the jelly-filled things.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous kagemom69 said...

O.G.'s a pain in the *@#* I don't envy you......but nonetheless you make me laugh......I get all of her in my three kids.....

Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home