Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sometimes, I will just stand here...and watch television for HOURS.

So...what'd you do tonight? Thursday nights are back and...blergh.

I am used to the Office giving me that cringe-tastic feeling but this episode was just kind of...ew. I'm sure the show will get back in my good graces over the next few weeks. I will say, I watched it twice (I know) and it was better the second time.

As far as 30 Rock, while I'm glad it's back I have to say this:

1. What is up with Liz Lemon and the boobage? As it is there is too much competitive boobage on the Food Network, I really don't need more of it on Thursday nights.

2. HDTV is not always a good thing. WOW. You could see every nook and cranny in their faces. Jim on the Office looked terrible and Tina Fey's scar should have gotten a cameo credit. I am not a fan of HDTV, some things are better left...unseen.

What I really want to know is...what's the Office spin off show going to be about?

Well, that was my first Thursday night recap in months, and I don't know about you, but it left me feeling empty and disappointed. However, maybe it's just this free iced coffee from McDonald's. Hard to say.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

We were a little bummed that none of the first episode back even took place in the office.

Friday, April 11, 2008 2:03:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing about the boobage!

Friday, April 11, 2008 2:53:00 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm gonna have to be different here and say that I LIKED The Office episode....but sweet heavens I was squirming and cringing the whole time. And despite her suddenly having bigger Farrah hair and more boobies, I still want to have Tina Fey's babies.

Now send me some cupcakes Jenn. Kthxbai.

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:13:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Shoshona said...

I have never seen The Office though I loved Office Space. Similar in humor and style I heave heard so perhaps I will check it out and have a more informed opinion next Friday AM.

As far as the boobies go....bring em on. I never had any and was dubbed "sunken treasure". Ha. He's bald now.

Since this is my first comment and there is nothing else to be happy about in pre-summer-mud-filled-cant-decide-on-a-temperature-Maine, I think I deserve the free stuff. :)

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:00:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

30 Rock was much more satisfying than The Office. And I long for TIna Fey's hair and boobage confidence in the office. And her snark too. I can't get away with that at my place of work.

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

now i'm not as mad that the hubs left our tv on the ps3 and changed the wiring without telling me how to get back to our hdtv box. i'll catch the office later, i guess.

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Hmmm...I thought The Office was funny, but I also had my husband next to me, who was almost in tears from laughing so hard when Jim tried to leave but Pam got him to stay. Oh, and when Angela smushed the ice cream? HILARIOUS! :)

30 Rock was funny, too, although I didn't notice Liz's boobage - probably because it's so tame compared to mine these days. Or maybe I was too busy watching MILF Island in teh background.

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I thought The Office, was a little too mean, and a little too over the top. It's like Friends, everyone's becoming a caricature off their former character. However, I know a couple that's headed where Jan and Michael are in about 5 years. The resemblance cracked me up!

Friday, April 11, 2008 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't watched any of the post-strike stuff. that picture just freaked me out. good think it's dvr'ed. -kat

Friday, April 11, 2008 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

We thought This Week's Episode of The Office was Brilllllllliant. Seriously -- Who Knew Jan Enjoyed Making Scented Candles?

xoxo,
TDR

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not dvr'ed. I'll have to watch it online.

kat

Monday, April 14, 2008 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home