Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Speed? I am speed.

One reason I'm glad I don't have girls - American Girl dolls. They seem like a total rip. I mean, I had a Cabbage Patch, so I knows me some accessorizin', but come on. I just don't get it. My boys, they love, well, boy stuff, but I am lucky in that they don't desperately ask for it. I can get in and out of a toy store without a tantrum. (I've just cursed myself.)

One thing they do love is Cars. It's a great Pixar movie, however I do cringe everytime I hear Owen Wilson's voice. Ugh. He is haunting me. The Petersen Museum here in the ever fabulous Fairfax district is having a special "The Art of Cars" exhibit. We all know what this means. The place is packed with toddler boys. And rightly so, who wouldn't want to see a lifesize Lightning McQueen and Mater?

The art is spectacular because as usual, Disney went to great lengths to study cars, scenery, etc. Not that I could look at any of it, because "MOMMYLIGHTNINGMCQUEENANDMATEROVERTHERE!" Ugh. I need to go back when I can actually look at the art in peace.
The Petersen has the cars from Batman, Speed Racer, and a really cool exhibit on Hot Wheels which the kids enjoyed. I'd love to curve tracks with cars like that, in their bedroom. There is also a third floor that a lot of people don't know about, where your kids can play play play.

The Petersen is a great place, even if you aren't a car lover. There are so many great exhibits. I must warn you, when you first walk in the door there is truck by famous tattoo artist Mister Cartoon. It's a gorgeous piece, with candy all over the ground. GREAT for attracting kids. Of the course the kids are like, "MOMMY!! An ice cream truck...and candy!" Then you get closer and take a look at the art on the truck and you're all, "Uh...yeah kids...let's, let's go find Lighting and Mater...yeah."More pictures, here.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

You mean you didn't get "Mom what is that guy doing to that girl?". LOL!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Hmm.... I'll skip the vanilla ice cream from that truck thankyouverymuch.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I like the Petersen. I was last there in October for the tiny car exhibit. Good stuff.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Oh! Alec would LOVE that exhibit.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

My turn to say -- dude, you shoulda called us! I gotta take the Kid Formerly Known As The Blogger Toddler to this!

Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous kagemom69 said...

If "the boy" here's about this exhibit you might just actually FINALLY get to meet jen14221 she has a serious Cars addistion in her house right now as well (thankfully my bous has the attention span of a 3 year old and is on to bigger and better (?)things than Cars right now....

Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog!
Our senior prom was held at the Petersen last year (: Quite an interesting place to have a prom, haha.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Louis said...

It will not succeed in reality, that's exactly what I think.
business casual men | map of earth | sex pillows

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home