Monday, May 12, 2008

In living color

I had it in my head that I wanted to make some neopolitan cupcakes, you know, like the ice cream? I didn't know which colors I wanted where, so after sketching up some ideas, (why yes, I am that lame.) it seemed like pink and white cake would be a pretty cool surprise to see once you bit in. I used chocolate frosting to hide the double colored insides. I didn't want to mess with a ton of flavors so I kept the cake the same consistency by just dyeing half the batter.
They came out really cool and I think they'd be great for a shower or a birthday. I can't wait to make them again. Perhaps I'll add some flavoring next time, but eh, they are pretty tasty just as is. It's all about the looks, baby.

Also in cupcake news, any purchase made from now til June 15 in the shop, will get a free mini pack of my new 'thanks, cupcake' cards - which are not yet sold in the shop, and may never be...due to my major computer catastrophe.
Yessir, it's a cupcake paradise up in here.
Neopolitan cupcake, 'how to'.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

your cupcake finesse never fails to amaze me

Monday, May 12, 2008 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

Oh my gosh, I love these! I am totally doing them for my birthday.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Super cute!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

You're going to make millions when you open up a cupcake shop.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, when your computer isn't horrible, you should really think about compiling your cupcakes into a cupcake cookbook. I think you should sell it.

-kat

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'll eat anything that is pink and with sugar. Just so you know

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home