Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Holly: It was a good company but I couldn't see a future there. It was easy to get in but impossible to rise up.
Michael Scott: That's what she...

I quit my job today. Sadly, it didn't stick. After much crying and accusations and anger, I was talked into staying. So the cycle of abuse continues. sigh. Is there any wonder why architecture majors have the highest dropout rate? Because they don't want to deal with this crap as their future job.

I came home and do what I always do to relieve stress. Cook. A LOT. The Kid has been asking for Chicken Soup with Rice ever since my mom bought him the Really Rosie soundtrack. Hello, suddenly she thinks it's 1975 again.

So I made up a recipe - it's SUPER quick. You have no excuse to not make it, that's how quick it is. So I made up a huge pot of Chicken Soup with Rice. Then I made some cornbread muffins. Now I'm thinking cupcakes. This is how stressed I am, I CANNOT STOP. Want me to come over? I'll cook you a five course meal. RIGHT. NOW. Good lord, I need help.

Chicken Soup with Rice, recipe.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

A little stuffed bull's stress-relieved hug is being sent over the internet!

Seriously, hang in there. We all care about ya!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:08:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Thank god you're not a chef for a living - with the cycle of stress at that job, you'd never leave work.

xo!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:33:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I didn't realize architect jobs were such high stress. But I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger CelticBuffy said...

Wow! I certainly had no clue that architecture was high-stress. Hang in there! Look for something else maybe and then they can't talk you into staying again.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:35:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Man- that stinks- I once had a job where the manager kept talking me into staying- It was weird when we got a new manager and I tried to quit... and she let me!

Hope the stress dies off a little at least due to your 'quitting'... at least you know they like you. :)

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

ugh. sorry to hear. i shoulda taken you up on your invite (i can always eat) and come over to eat and be talked out of school this fall. ;)

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so sorry. That is really awful. At least you do have something that makes you feel better (sorta).

And now, I leave you with my favorite quote, because I must:
"The pain of change is never as great as the pain of staying the same."

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@dapotato I didn't even think about you when I wrote that! Sorry, bad day. You are going back to school because you want to go, you'll be fine.

@darlene & @celtic there are statistics that architecture majors have the highest dropout rates and on the profession have a high suicide rate - after doctors. (don't tell dapotato that).

Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

Sorry so stressful... hope it improves soon!

You know what you need? Dinner with the baking posse!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger design for mankind. said...

Wait, WHAT?!?!

Email me.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:45:00 PM  
Anonymous victoria winters said...

Sorry about your job! Never fun. Yes, please come over and cook for me. Thanks. ;0)

Friday, July 18, 2008 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You can cook for me ANYTIME. Cooking stresses me out.

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home