Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

So here's how I roll, last week I was hangin' with stinky stormtroopers at the con. This week I am driving up next to Bentleys in Beverly Hills eating with the stars. My life. It's weird.

A friend flew in from Hawaii and CB came to town, all so they could eat at the one and only Cut by Wolfgang Puck. I've written about it before, in fact it was that very post that made them salivate and beg me to get a reservation. It wasn't easy, but we were set.

I straight up told the waiter, "I know this is a steakhouse, but I'm not ordering meat, please don't judge me." I felt bad, but I had eaten there before, and it was fantastic, but when it comes down to it, meat just isn't my first choice. Especially when it's $20 an ounce. Sometimes cow cupcakes are all I need.
But I was thrilled to sit back and watch these foodies eat to their heart's content. I knew CB was going to go to town, after all this is the girl that conquered the French Laundry. As always, CB did not let me down. She ordered Bone Marrow flan as a starter, served in an actual bone. >blech< I mean, fascinating! Then there was blue crab salad, potato tart tatin, fingerling potatoes with bacon, creamed spinach with poached egg, the wine, the coffee, the dessert Port, and the end all be all reason for their meal - the wagyu beef flown in from Japan. Mind you, I had...corn salad. I know. I am ashamed.

The desserts were worth waiting for though, chocolate souffle, strawberries and cream baked alaska, and my personal fave, the chocolate caramel Halsey tart. Sure my birthday isn't until next month, but you know me, I'll milk it as long as I can.What's the best part of this exquisite meal? A visit to the table by Wolfgang Puck himself. I have a feeling he saw our order ticket and thought, 'Man these people are real foodies. Except for that girl that just ordered corn." In any case, he was very friendly and CB was beyond thrilled. It was a great dinner that lasted...four hours. Yep. FOUR HOURS. As always, the company made the meal. I love eating out with friends, their enjoyment is pure entertainment. Me, I was happy with my corn.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Our Man Horn said...

I thought you were exaggerating when you tweeted about Wolfgang Puck. That's cool!

The plating of the birthday dessert is pretty awesome, too.

And I love the headline of this blog post. I might... ahem... borrow it.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:39:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's so cool that you met him. His accent cracks me up.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:33:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Sooo awesome you met Wolfgang Puck.

Was that the best corn salad ever?

Reading about the bone marrow served in the bone turned my stomach, but I have to admit that I loved it as a kid. My grandma would put them in soup and I would look forward to my very own little bone. I'd suck the marrow out. Of course I didn't know what it was and it now makes me throw up a little just thinking about it.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:25:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

You know what the difference between me and Wolfgang is? You've now had dinner with him.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

whoa. wolfgang is my homie, too. i have a photo on my blog somewhere but am too lazy to dig it up.

happy birthday. next month.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You must have laughed when I told you I went out for a "fancy" meal the other night. Compared to this, I might as well have been at McDonalds! (Not that I would've eaten most of that either. I'd have gotten corn too).

Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

HUNGRY.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:45:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

what? how did you go vegas? and when did you give up meat?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kuism said...

There are days when I wish I lived in Cali. Ah, at least I've got Blue Ginger.

Anyway, meat is not my first choice. Seafood is my weakness though... I'm not a true veg but I'm close enough.

But out of it all... I say let me eat cake because that's all I want. >.> LOL.

And I wonder why I've got hips like I do.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Man, I had a million things to say to WP but since I had my back to him when he visited, I choked like the typical star struck Hawaii person...what an idiot, haha! Dang, last time it was Gwen Stefani and this time it's Wolfgang Puck...how are you going to top our next outing together I wonder?????

And what a coincidence...didn't I tell you about a bone marrow story invovling my grandmother too? Wierd!

Sunday, August 03, 2008 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Pali said...

Thanks for sharing, Keep em coming !!

pool fence tampa | pool fence tampa bay | pool fence tampa fl | pool fence tampa florida | pool fences tampa

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home