Sunday, July 13, 2008

If it's a temporary lull, why'm I bored right outta my skull?

So the craft show did not go so well. The organizers did a great job and were enthusiastic, it was just...slow. The diversity of the crafters they had was really great too. But in my 8+ years of doing this - I've never had sales that poor. CB, who I conned into sitting with me all day said, "Wow, I've never seen your table this slow. Ever." Yeah. Oh well. Thank god for internet sales is all I can say.

Just because sales were poor doesn't mean I didn't shop. ~Ha! I walked away with this sweet ring that I love looking at all day long. I like her little eyebrows and tiny lips.

The show wasn't a total bust, CB and I got to sit around for 5 hours and talk about restaurants we want to go to and plan trips that we can't afford to take. Soon on our agenda, we are going to Cut in a couple of weeks when another friend comes from out of town. Seeing as how she loves meat, I think she will be starving herself for a week prior, just to get ready for the meal.

I came home exhausted...from doing nothing, apparently. Then I got to work and was mired in this:
When I bought them from the store, the checkout gal said, "WOW. Someone loves peppermint patties." I told her I was making cookies with them but then I was thinking, what the heck does she think I am going to do with them? I should have told her, 'Yep, it's just me, a couch, 4 giant bags of peppermint patties, and crap tv for the next four hours." Good lord. Then again...that sounds fantastic.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Our Man Horn said...

Here's hoping SDCCI makes that show a mere memory!

Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The show was okay for us, but we're more amateur and you are more of a pro, so our expectations are probably lower! Ha!

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:23:00 PM  
Blogger Bully said...

My mom hides bags of those York mini Peppermint Patties under the couch and can go through an entire bag watching an episode of Magnum, P.I..

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home