Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's a question of not letting what we've built up crumble to dust

Why?
Am I so excited? Because Thomas Keller is opening an 11,000 sf restaurant/bakery in Beverly Hills. Bring. It. On.

Why?
Does my co-worker only come to my desk when I happen to be eating, which is rarely. To which he says, "Why are you always eating?" Rude.

Why?
Am I so lame? In my big post office haul of orders, I accidentally sent my friend her birthday present one month early. Yes, I was trying to be highly organized by packing it up at the same time as other things, but it wasn't supposed to go out. This is what I get for being anal.

Why?
Do I want to barf after reading that this woman bakes cookies in her car? I'm all about multi-tasking, but come on.

Why?
Do I groan everytime I sign in to daycare? Because there is always a new "Your child has been exposed to..." notice. Today the winner is, HEAD LICE!

Why?
Did I not go to yoga last night? Because I had a salad with beans and onions for lunch. Gassy foods and a room full of strangers seems like trouble.

Why?
Do I not own a pair of Marty McFly tennis shoes?

10 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

beverly hills, that's where i want to be! not really, but i'll go for thomas keller.
co-worker is rude.
baking cookies in her car is gross.
everyone needs those shoes + the delorean kobe rolled upin.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

The cookie baking on the dashboard is too much. Like so much that that woman has gone above and beyond multi-tasking to a place that just screams CRAZY.

How is that even sanitary I ask you?

Maybe I need to keep my car cleaner?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I wouldn't mind an early birthday present ;)

As for the cookies. Although I wouldn't do it, and see it as multitasking, I'm sure she is saving on her electric bill. In school, we baked a potato outside once.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think I would most definitely throw up if I got in a hot car and it smelled strongly of choc. chip cookies.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Stop baking potatoes outside! It's like hobo livin'!

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I don't know, I think the dashboard baking sounds pretty cool. I could certainly do that in the hot temps here in the Valley.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

That cookie thing is gross. A local weather guy fried an egg on the pavement, but not to eat it!!!!! Eww. I prepare salads in the shower. ;p

Groan for head lice. It makes me itchy just thinking about it. Eww again.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I once fried an egg on the sidewalk.

But I didn't eat it.

And I was 9.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:24:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Ewwwwww! That is just disgusting. Not to mention what kind of things are probably floating around in her car. And her car probably permanently smells like baked cookies which might be nice for a while, but is totally gross in the long run.

Friday, July 11, 2008 12:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if people are goin' all hobo, they shouldn't forget the frozen waffles.

-kat

Sunday, July 20, 2008 5:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home