Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You proceeded to eat it cause you was in the mood, but homes you did not read it was a can of dog food!

SDCC was very successful for me and I made lots of new contacts which was even better. I had the best table on earth cause I was across from a bear with a gun. Freakin' awesome. Of course I brought tons of junk home for the kids since I missed them so, and must fill the void by buying their love. I am an excellent mother.The Kid got Lego Indiana Jones and the Baby got a big 'ol plush Godzilla. Here I am muttering to myself every night that there are 'too many goddam stuffed animals for me to clean up' and hello, it's me that is buying them, of course. The Baby is really into dinos, and since I had 12 hours a day alone at my table, I sketched and planned out a super cool dino-theme birthday party f0r November. Watch him hate dinosaurs by next week. DAMMIT. Still, he loved the Godzilla and now walks around doing an impression of him, destroying the poor Kid's train tracks by stomping on them and attacking us with his 'tiny t-rex arms'. Crazy.
The minute I came back from the con I was in the kitchen. I missed not baking for a whole week. Of course the entire pantry was empty, but I made some super quick spice dough which was perfect since I had no eggs. I've had this recipe for a long time, and I've altered it, of course. But I couldn't remember where I got it originally. Then I searched the internet and UGH - it's a Rachael Ray recipe. WHAT. Even though I've changed it over time to suit myself, but still. I feel sickened and depressed.

Anyway, I let the kids roll out the dough themselves, and I avoided the drama that would be icing the cookies, and just told them to decorate with sprinkles as they pleased. This cookie is so tasty you don't need frosting anyway. This recipe was quick, and did it's job - that is, make the kids forget that I was gone for a week, and fill them with sugary love.
Since finding out that it was originally a Rachael Ray recipe, I feel like I should burn it and start all over again. Especially since she now makes DOG FOOD. Good lord.

Spice cut out cookies recipe
more SDCC photos here

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Sometimes it is so nice to get home from vacation and start eating your own food. I'm sure the kids missed it too.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Gifts and sugar would make mine wish I was gone longer. :P

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

If I knew it would take Godzilla toys to make the Baby happy, I would gladly take all of Paul's toys to give to him. Paul would probably be okay with it too.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kuism said...

Don't get me started on her. Her voice drives me absolutely crazy! Nutrish, dog food? I think not. >.<

Well... since you helped me with Doraemon, that's all I've been doing is testing out cupcake recipes till I find one I like. I predict I will be 30lbs heavier by October. Rofl.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

VHAT!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:36:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

here's a vhat for you.

when I first started reading this post, I visualized Bobcat Golthwait in One Crazy Summer. you know when he's in the Godzilla costume?

then, I scroll down and see the spice-ship. Hello Death to Smoochy.

I just don't care if you hate me. this has to be my favorite post in a long time.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Is it the fact that she makes dog food or the fact that it's HER?

You might have had a bear with a gun, but we had the Christian Comics Society with Diablo Productions on one side and Necroscope with their "Coffin Kids" comic on the other. The Christians put up a "free prayer" sign, so the Diablos put up a "free damnation" sign. They got along great and it was hilarious!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home