Monday, September 01, 2008

Cool it now. You got to slow it down. Slow it down...youre gonna fall in love

This weekend good friends P & D came to town and stayed in Burbank of all places, which I call 'Not quite the Valley, but still.'

Since I knew they were coming, cupcakes were in order, of course - but what kind? The Kid and I have been drawing pictures of Domo Kun from a notepad that Nanette brought over. I noticed how simple Domo was, when you really broke him down. I thought it would be an easy translation to a cupcake.I made a peppermint chocolate cupcake and added mini chocolate chips to make the batter extra yum. The secret kicker to the peppermint chocolate chip cupcakes? I used chocolate milk. I think it gave it that extra little flavor that made the peppermint cool and smooth. I made up a quick chocolate peppermint frosting, added fondant mouths and two black frosting dots for eyes...and as simple as that, there he was. A little cakey Domo.
After dinner we headed to Meltdown to browse the comics. Next door was a tattoo parlor, and while we considered getting matching tattoos - waffles and comics were enough for a big night out in Hollywood. Know when to say no, kids.

DOMO Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Those are some bad-ass cupcakes. My favorite flavor combo. One of my very favorite Japanese characters. Thanks again for bringing them by. I have two left and have pretty much decided that I am NOT SHARING!!!

Monday, September 01, 2008 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I woke up the next morning with cupcake crumbs in the bed. Best cupcakes ever!! I didn't even have a urge to buy some because I had these!

I had tons of fun. Thanks so much for being a nice host and driving us to and from the Valley.

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Our Man Horn said...

I could totally taste the premium cocoa powder. I loved the minty afternotes.

How's the tattoo? Mine's infected a bit and I'm embarrassed to go to the doctor because of its placement.

Monday, September 01, 2008 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Those cupcakes are too cute!

Belated Happy Birthday by the way.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Those cupcakes looked awesome and tasted fabulous, too!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger desdemona said...

damn! you could have gotten matching domo kun tattoos - that would have been sa-weeet! almost as sweet as those cupcakes look. i have to go and make zuchinni/apple/carrot muffins for the bub. not half so exciting, but much easier on her hyperactivity.

maybe me and the bun deserve some cupcakes, though... hmmmm.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Did you see who the Halloween "mascot" for Target is this year? ;)

Sunday, September 07, 2008 1:41:00 AM  
Blogger ljc said...

domo cupcakes = awesome!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home