Friday, October 17, 2008

I was going to talk to Holly about her hygiene. She smells like old tomatoes. And dirt.

~spoilers~
I don't know if it's just me, but it took FOREVER for Friday to get here. Man. What a long week. So when I sat down to finally watch the show tonight, I was already beat, and the episode didn't really help either. It kind of depressed me. Jan is just so horrible. It was hard to watch.

On par with the the episode, today I actually held a newborn, and I forgot how teeny tiny they really are. What a nice life to be able to just sleep all day. My kids seem so big now, like they were never that small. Today the Kid said he was so tired from playing outside, he just wanted to go home. Good lord, life just gets harder as you get older. Running around in a circle drinking juice can be exhausting, apparently.

When Angela dressed the baby up in the vegetable cornucopia, THEN I cracked up. That was classic. I had forgotten about her love for babies that are dressed up. While the JAM Jim+Pam storyline is really depressing me, Michael and Holly makes for a nice change to the show.

I have decided to watch more tv. Not a normal goal, I know. But I don't watch that much, and what I've realized is, watching tv is the only time when I do absolutely...nothing. You have no idea what that means. I am ALWAYS doing something. If I have 30 minutes I try and bake. Or draw. When I read I start doing other things as well. But when I watch tv I just sit there. It's what I need. My stress levels are so high, I'll take whatever I can get. Any suggestions for loading my tivo would be helpful. Even if it's crap tv, that's probably the best stuff anyway.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger madelyn said...

Rachel Zoe Project, Top Design, and 90210

Friday, October 17, 2008 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Finally, Michael and Holly! I hate Jan so much. I didn't even like the Dinner Party episode (that everyone seems to love) because she is just too mean for me to find the humor.

Since this is our first Fall seson with DVR, we've recorded a lot. Heroes, 90210, Priveleged, Degrassi, Bravo. Oooh! Top Chef is almost back :)

Friday, October 17, 2008 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I agree, Jan is painful to watch. The singing! I want to punch her. And JAM (hee hee) is depressing me. They need some time together! Dwight "birthing" the watermelon was both disgusting and hysterical.

I don't watch that much TV but I do set my dvr to collect Eli Stone, Iron Chef America, and House. A lot of people say Pushing Daisies is good but I haven't watched it yet.

Friday, October 17, 2008 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Que Sera Sara said...

Oh Jenn, I love your blog so much. While watching the office last night I cracked up so hard over the tomatoes line and I knew instantly you would own it and it would find a way into your blog :)

Friday, October 17, 2008 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Chessie said...

Definitely check out Pushing Daisies! It is such a fun show and beautiful to watch! It's definitely my new favorite.

Friday, October 17, 2008 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I second Daisies. casting's incredible, they let Ellen Green sing and cohesively worked Birdhouse in Your Soul in the first season.

Friday, October 17, 2008 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

I'm really loving How I Met Your Mother right now.

Friday, October 17, 2008 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

We record all the nerd shows: Heroes, Chuck, Numbers, House, Bones, Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, and Big Bang Theory. (lots of this is on Monday night so we actually have to have 2 DVRs to record it all) I also record Martha every day, but that is my own little guilty pleasure.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

House and/or any show on Bravo, ugh except for the horrible housewives one.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Favorite lines.

Jan: Where's Astrid?
Holly: Oh she's just on a sales call. "Waaah... more paper... Waah"

Classic.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

You should try-

"Making the Team 3: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" on CMT.

And you can never go wrong with -

"How It's Made" on the Science Channel

Awesome.

Monday, October 20, 2008 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I thought the episode was hilarious. Anything with lots of Dwight and Michael.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home