Monday, October 06, 2008

When the dog bites.
When the bee stings.
When I'm feeling sad.

So, I decided to throw a birthday party. This is what happens when I am bored. Seriously. My cousin's birthday is Columbus Day, and she always feels jipped. Maybe she hates the New World, who knows. So this year I decided to throw her a huge party. Huge meaning my family came over and I planned it in a week. Oh well. Here's part of the invite:I put together a list of all her favorite foods. I have to say, the list was horrifying. Seriously, sit down and write a list of everything you love, it's kinda gross. My goal was to get or make or incorporate every one of her favorite things.

Ginger Beef
Bacon
Kim Chee
Funyuns
Chikin in a Biskit (crackers)
Beef Jerky
Yokan
Pumpkin Pie
White Chocolate

Gross, right? So I made Ginger Beef, which came out nothing like her favorite meal, but damn it was good. Then I took the kim chee and made kim chee pizza, which you remember, won my family's 'Pizza Taste Test', screw you Papa Johns! p.s. I don't like kim chee so I didn't touch that pizza but everyone else was thrilled.

But the hit - was dessert. Chocolate Covered BACON ice cream. I took a Vosges Mo's Bacon Bar, chopped it up and threw it into my ice cream maker. It wasn't bad, I gotta say. The chocolate bacon by itself, kinda disgusting, but in the ice cream, everyone seemed to love it. Go figure. I'm sure if Columbus were alive he'd be wanting some kim chee pizza.

Kim Chee Pizza recipe
Chocolate Covered Bacon Ice Cream

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Something to do with that bacon chocolate you sent me.

Monday, October 06, 2008 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Cassandra B said...

I love the Vosages Chocolate Bacon Bar. Yummy!

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 7:35:00 AM  
Blogger La Pixie said...

no pumpkin pie??

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 8:21:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I would want some kim chee pizza (and yes I will make it at some point).

the bacon ice cream...not so much. thanks anyway.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Waist High said...

Full time reader Waist High here. I was over at TasteSpotting and lookie lookie who I found. Maybe one day you'll talk to me. Ive only been a FT reader for like, ever...

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home