Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Festivus miracle!

I had it all set in my mind that I wanted to make gingerbread cupcakes. However, I went to the pantry and I was out of eggs and butter. FOR SHAME. Worst home baker, ever. Anyway, I did the next best thing and came up with a VEGAN gingerbread cupcake recipe on the spot. Let it be noted that the people I handed these out to all said, "PLEASE don't become a Vegan...these are really good though." Every one of them! Man, people hate animals. Rude. Now don't get me wrong, I bow down to the altar of Paula Deen, (entirely made of butter, btw) but it IS possible to cook without animal products if need be, even if it's not my first choice.

The thing about vegan baking, for me anyway, is that you have to mask the fact that you aren't using those wonderful creamy, heavenly products, by kicking up the flavors. I'm down with that. And it works well with gingerbread, especially.They came out really good, very moist, and I topped it with a rich chocolate frosting. Perfect for the holidays.

But you know what you should NOT make for the holidays? A cake with pie filling...and CORNUTS. What the what. I love Cornuts, but damn. This is why I'm not a Sandra Lee fan, folks. This is not baking. Not cooking. It's just...inedible. SHE'S RUINED KWANZAA.



Vegan Gingerbread Cupcake recipe

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Ryan said...

Oh my GOD. I just fell down the Sandra Lee YouTube rabbit hole thanks to you! What a piece of work!!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:56:00 AM  
Anonymous cc said...

I had never seen her before. Now I'm kinda glad I was in the dark. that was just horrible. The frosting sounds like it just might taste ok, but it looks like concrete. Blech.

On the other hand, your cupcakes look really good.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I thought the whole cornnut cake thing was a joke someone was telling me but it's true. TRUE!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Sandra Lee is a hack. I can't even watch her show. Plus, whenever I hear her name I start singing Grease songs even though her name is not Sandra Dee.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger thatShortChick said...

what the what?! sandra lee, kwanzaa?? hilarity.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:01:00 AM  
Blogger adriana said...

Every once in a while, I catch her show and find it interesting. This time, I was so grossed out!!! What the SHIT was that thing she put together!? Ewww! I think it was the apple pie filling that killed it the most for me. Ich.

Your vegan cupcakes, however? Sound awesome! I am often out of dairy products, so I'll be keeping this recipe on hand!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I just found your blog a few days ago and I absolutely love it! My husband keeps asking me what I am laughing at. I totally agree with your Sandra Lee comments. The lady grosses me out. Also, the fact that she decorates her kitchen to match every meal she is cooking also makes my stomach turn. I am lucky if my kitchen is clean let alone coordinated with my meal!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger CageQueen said...

I'm normally underwhelmed by her but not disgusted. Today I am digusted. I think I might repost that video on my blog, that's how bad it was. Thanks for the heinous find!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I clicked on the video...just in case I could see it...and it says no longer available. I have no idea who that person is.

I keep seeing trees on top of cars, but not very many Festivus poles. What's up with that?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

she is disgusting and i can't STAND her way of instruction. "Next i want you to..." "Now you are going to..."

i am not doing anything, YOU are demonstrating so YOU are going to...

ugh

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

I'm not convinced until I try some of this said cupcakes.

I HATE Sandra Lee. She is a fake.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:28:00 AM  
OpenID corduroyspocket said...

that cake seems like something a kid might come up with for a Home Ec assignment. I thought she was saying acorns, not corn nuts, but at any rate they looked more like Corn Pops. seriously though, NAST.

oh, and I have to say-she's a stepford wife. not the cool ones from the more recent movie, but the less technologically advanced ones from the 70s film.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Isidore said...

What namely you're saying is a terrible mistake.
travel agency chicago | camera lens rentals | cuba travel services

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home