Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Inside my heart, inside this house, and I just want to let it out for you

I have been making gingerbread houses for years. I mean years and years, so much that people were asking for business cards and how to place orders. Only...I didn't have a business. My mom and I just did it for fun. As with most things, when the demand grows high, it becomes...not so fun. Sadly, we've curtailed our family tradition of making houses in recent years, although I still plan to do Falling Water in gingerbread someday.So here's a little 'how-to' on gingerbread house assembly. I am not a fan of the glue the graham cracker to the milk container, only because we all know someone is going to eat that thing, so - bad idea. Also my mom is a stickler for the fact that EVERYTHING within the house has to be edible. It's technically challenging. Maybe it's the architect in me but I demand that my walls be stable and able to withstand a high psi load of candy. Meaning - an a$$ ton of candy. But more on that tomorrow.

For today, it's all about structure, baby.Gingerbread House assembly, how-to

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

I have never made a gingerbread house. Ever. I feel like I need to at some point. Maybe when my nephew is older we can do it together.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Um...WOW.

Also, this must be the reason you asked for my address. You're mailing me one of these, rights?

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

i demand to know when you sleep?!

i just bought my first KIT today! but i don't know if my kids will understand. i may just have to wait until they are in bed...which really defeats the whole purpose huh? :)

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger a n n e said...

I was considering making one from scratch today, but the $7.99 kit at Michaels beckoned me. Someone made the Fallingwater house on a Food Network challenge, did you see?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Julius said...

I found a great deal of helpful info here!
pickling salt | administrator password | fringe dress

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home