Thursday, April 02, 2009

David Brent: John Lennon said "Life is what happens when you're making other plans," he also said "I am the Eggman" so I don't know what to believe.

I get a lot of emails from people that say, "We are so much alike, we could be friends in real life." And I usually think, 'Whatever, weirdo.' But I get it, I do - because there are people that *I* feel the exact same way about.

I have been reading Franklin Avenue for quite a while now. I have corresponded on and off with both Mike and Maria for probably the same amount of time I've been reading - YEARS. As the Baby would say, "Dat's a long time." 'Course when I tell him that he has 5 mins on Time Out, he says that's a long time too. Whatever kid, tough it out, you're not doing hard labor, you're just sitting there.
The greatest thing to me about Frankliin Avenue is that you can really feel how much they love L.A. The places the go, the things they do, the food they eat (YUM) - it's inspiring. And anyone who takes advantage of this town even more than I do, I applaud. I'm sure we've passed each other on the streets and never known it, but as close as we live to each other, we've never met. They're busy. I'm busy. And with kids - forget it, my schedule is jam packed, as is theirs.

So finally after all this time, Maria and I went out for lunch. We met at the Park on Sunset in Echo Park. You wouldn't even know it was there, except for the fact that I had read (on their very own blog of course), a review of the place, and had been wanting to try it. And NOW is the best time because lunch sandwiches (which are huge) are just $5. Perfect.I got a really savory Pulled BBQ Pork sandwich and for just $1 more, I got some amazing German Potato Salad. The food here is really flavorful, everything is seasoned so well. Not to mention how friendly the staff was. I could have sat out in the patio all day. And you know, any place that sells Mexican Coke, I'm in.

It was nice to have a leisurely mid-week lunch, but it was even nicer to spend time with someone who turns out - you really do have a lot in common with. And there was no weirdness. But why should there be? We've "known" each other for years.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Que Sera Sara said...

small blog world, i have been reading their blog for sometime now, good eats. makes me miss la. speaking of la, how can i find your post on cupcakery tour? am in need of cupcakes for the big 3-0.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I'm a weirdo. and it's weird/fun to meet people that you've "known" for years.

what is in mexican coke anyway?

Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Those sandwiches were tasty. Let's do it again!

Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

I pass The Park all the time, I will have to give it a try.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:41:00 PM  
Anonymous alibaba38 said...

While at Target yesterday I saw two guys laughing about "Mexican" coke. Fools, more for me! I didn't know Target was carrying it! Coke made with cane sugar...yummy!!

Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

I gotta get me some of this mexican coke! Oh wait, I'm preggers. That sux...

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good to know about more good restaurants near the secret underground lair!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home