Friday, May 01, 2009

...and wave 'em like you just don't care

Well, my in-laws have come and gone and thus ends the 'this is something...different' that I got to hear every time I made dinner. Every. Time.

During their short stay we did the tourist thing. Upon the request of the kids we went to Knott's Berry Farm, or as I call it - Jank City. That place is so janky it's ridiculous. I know not everyone loves Disneyland, but you have to give Disney props for keeping the magic alive. At least they give you the illusion that you are in another place. Whereas, I don't need to see the Knott's maintenance workers taking a smoke break as the kiddie train curves around the industrial trash cans. Have some respect for yourself, theme park. Damn.

Also, we only stayed there for four hours - not only was that all I could stand, but EVERYTHING was closed. It was kind of sad. The rides, the stores the food places, I know they are hurting from the economy. I remember Knott's in it's heyday when it was family run and high quality. Now that they've been bought, they have no shame and have to sell out any way they can. How else can you explain Panda Express in the Old West?
That was enough for me, so the next day we went to Disneyland on a weekday afternoon. Best idea ever. The lines were non-existent, making me the happiest mutha at the happiest place on earth. Do I hate people? Yes. Do I hate large crowds of lots of people? Double yes.

We walked onto every single ride, unfortunately since my in-laws are 'old' they refused to take the newly 40 inch tall roller-coaster lover (The Kid) on any 'fast rides'. Good lord. I haven't been on coasters since I first got pregnant, so like 5 years ago. How did I do it as a kid? In my day I loved roller coasters. I couldn't get enough. I remember going on them again and again, never once getting sick. Now I'm close to peeing my pants everytime the rails drop.

If I thought the Kid was a thrill seeker, I'm in for bigger problems ahead. On every single ride...during the flat parts (aka no drops) the Baby put his hands up - ready for excitement.
I took this picture on the Pirates of the Carribbean, WHEN WE WERE JUST FLOATING. Hilarious. Thank god it was dark on that ride, or people would think we were being mugged.

I am glad for my in-laws, it was a major break to have someone else take care of the kids. It was like a mini vacation in my own home, however it will be nice to not have to explain to my in-laws what a tortilla is. Again. And...again.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

THAT is flippin' hilarious...that's a kid who knows how to have a good time...anywhere...

Friday, May 01, 2009 7:40:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

LOL! Oh, Jank City that is Knotts. And don't get me started on Magic Mountain.

Sounds like a good time was had by all at the most magical place on earth!!!

Good luck this weekend at the show!

Friday, May 01, 2009 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I love da Baby.

Friday, May 01, 2009 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious!!

Friday, May 01, 2009 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

i thought it was just me getting older and jaded but yeah, knott's and magic mountain...bleh.

the baby's awesome.

Friday, May 01, 2009 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

so jealous. we went to d-land on sunday and it was packed! every time we go, we only end up riding 3 rides and then my kids tell me it's time to go home!

Friday, May 01, 2009 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I went to Knott's when I was a kid once (maybe 8 or 10) and it was the most boring theme park ever. I am surprised it is still open!

Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

LOL! Thanks, Jenn. I always know if I want to laugh. I just come to your page. Uh, that's a compliment.

Friday, May 08, 2009 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home