Monday, May 25, 2009

Last thing I recall I was in the air, I woke up on the street, crawling with my strawberry burns

So I saw this Martha Stewart recipe for 'strawberry bread' - the base of it sounded great especially since I hit the strawberry motherload recently.

But - the recipe needed that little, somethin' somethin'...which is mochi, of course. Lately I've been cooking a lot with mochi - don't ask me why. I must have had a great influence on the internetz because I have now been blamed for inciting the Mochiko Shortage of '09, since apparently a lot of the Japanese markets have run out! Don't blame me. I'm sure people are just stocking up for their earthquake preparedness kit.

So I adjusted the original recipe...a lot. So much so that it doesn't seem like 'bread' to me, it's more like a loaf cake which OF COURSE, I turned into cupcakes, what else?? As always, everything tastes better with Hello Kitty cupcake liners...Strawberry Mochi Cupcakes, recipe

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Does Hello Kitty taste like strawberry mochi?

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Gone in 20 seconds.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:32:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Don't fall down now
You will never get up

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous dee said...

Ha!! Good thing Sam's Club here sells mochiko in 8 box increments - I'm set for the rest of the year :)

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home