Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rootin' Tootin'

Well, I don't qualify to enter this year's Ice Cream Cupcake Roundup (you have til Sunday!!), since I am one of the prize suppliers, but that didn't stop me from making some!

So for our family gathering last week, I thought a great combo would be root beer float cupcakes. I used Baked's recipe for Root Beer Bundt Cake, BUT made them into cupcakes.

Then I topped them some homemade root beer sherbet and some whipped cream...and put them on a boat. Float. On a boat. I'm hilarious. (not really.)
Since the cake was so heavy, the very flavorful root beer sherbet was just what was needed to make the perfect ice cream cupcake combo.

People seemed to like it, but as you know - my family loves root beer so much, we are even BURIED with it.

Root Beer Ice Cream Float Cupcakes

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Babs said...

WOW! That is adorable. I really need to birth some babies so I can make fun treats for them and their friends.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:47:00 AM  
Blogger AmyAnne said...

Root beer! OMG. That is so NEXT on my list. Sadly, there isn't enough time for me to bake everything I want to bake. More importantly there aren't enough people willing to take it off my hands. All the nursing homes and shelters are going to start wondering where the cupcakes and cookies are coming from...

Peeved Michelle sent me here. Thanks Michelle!

Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

So fun! I hadn't seen your root beer sherbet post. That looks so easy and yummy! I may have to give it a go!

Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I love root beer. I love ice cream. Just not together. It's like cheesecake: bleccch. Yet cheese is delicious. Ditto cake. Some sums are less than than the parts. Or something like that. But I like mixing diet coke, root beer and dr pepper. With vodka.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Cbeans said...

OMB! It looks awesome! The straw and whipped cream added such a nice touch! Girl u r so creative!

Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe that is really cute and I like the idea of the root beer sherbert which looks so nice and frosty on top!

Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger ButterYum said...

What a cute and creative idea. (funny text too!)

Friday, May 29, 2009 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I LOVE the root beer cake recipe, and this is such a clever adaptation!

Friday, May 29, 2009 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

thanks for the prize donation and for making some super duper cupcakes as well! SO YUMMY LOOKING!

bethany @ Scoopalicious

Monday, June 01, 2009 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home